How to play Caribbean stud poker?
Five card poker and Caribbean stud poker are very similar with the only difference that it is that the latter is played against the house rather than against players. This game has become popular since a few years. Players feel encouraged to make side bet and get a taste of jackpot. The probability of winning a big jackpot is 1 Out of 649,740.
Caribbean stud poker rules
Following are the rules based on the U.S casino. The payout is different at different places.
- Each player needs to place respective Anteon the table layout to start the game. Players participating are offered a feature called Progressive Jackpot.
- Player and the dealer receives five face down cards. The dealer exposes one of the cards and give it to the player and he can freely examine the card but keeps the information confidential.
- The players can either choose to play or fold. Fold means the player has forfeited his ante and player raises the bet if he has chose to play. Raise is double the amount of Ante.
- 4. Dealer reveals all the four hole cardsafter the players have made their decisions.
- The dealer plays only if his hand contains an ace and a king or a higher value pair, or a combination of .2, 3, 4, ace and the king are the lowest qualifying in this case and a combination of 9, 10, king, jack and queen is the highest non qualifying hand in the game.
- The comparison between the player and dealer’s hand usually starts with the player who is at the extreme right to the dealer. The player wins in the case when the hand beats both the Raisebet and the Ante
- If the players hand beats the dealer he is paid Ante bet.
- when the player get a tie with the dealer Both the Ante and Raise would Push.
Important points to keep in mind:
- Players are not allowed to hold multiple wager hands. Each person is allowed to have only one hand.
- The ON “Indicator Light”ensures that $1 wager is inserted by the players participating in the progressive Payout feature.
- The player should keep the information oh his hand to himself. Players can look at the cards but cannot pass information to others.
- If the player has wrong card quantity he would constitute to Dead cards.
- All the players are obliged to follow the final decision made by the casino.
- Dealer will have to deal with one additional card if only four cards are dealt to complete his hand. Any misdeal would lead to card reshuffling.
- Players have to keep all the five cards in the visible area of the dealer to avoid any possible scam. Players are allowed to see the cards only once.
Caribbean stud poker strategy
House edge can be reduced in this game like any other game. Pair which is smaller that Ace-King should be folded by the player and play with other high order hand. Caribbean Stud Poker strategy also has limitations.
1.Player needs to raise Ace-King-Jack and Ace-King-Queen, only if the dealer shows king or an ace.
2.If dealers face up card is deuce by a queen then the player will raise Ace-King.
- if the dealer display a deuce of 5 Raise Ace-King-Jack/ Ace-King-Queen.
The house edge will be reduced by 2.3% which is an excellent amount in Caribbean Stud Poker.
Strategy of a player
Ante utilizing optimal strategy’s house edge is 5.224%. It is complicated for players to implement. If the player has a complete knowledge of 30 cards he can gain 2.3%.
Jackpot Side Progressive Bet
Players can make a $1 bet for 10% Straight Flush payout and for Royal Flush a 100%. The player who is to the right of the dealer wins the jackpot and the rest wins the jackpot reseeded which is equal to $10,000. The reason behind this is that the player at the right is the first to show hands and he takes all the advantages.
In a situation where two players simultaneously win a straight flush, the player at the right gets 10% jackpot whereas the rest receive 10% of the remaining jackpot amount.
if one player scores a Straight flush in the same hand and the other scores a Royal Flush then the player at the Right (Scores Royal) will take the jackpot, and the remaining player receives only 10% of $10,000. 26.46% is the average value of a house edge The return amount varies with the jackpot
A survey found that the casino keeps $1, 29 cents and the remaining 71 cents are added back to the jackpot.
Caribbean stud poker Payout
When the player hands beat the dealer, player receives even money Even Money on the ante. Description of a payout Table.
|One or Less than one pair||1 to 1|
|Two Pair||2 to 1|
|Three of a Kind||3 to 1|
|Straight||4 to 1|
|Flush||5 to 1|
|Full House||7 to 1|
|Four of a Kind||20 to 1|
|Straight Flush||50 to 1|
|Royal Flush||100 to 1|
If dealer has no Ace-King in hand Bet wagers will be void and the player receives even money.
Players are offered Progressive Feature for a one dollar chip.
|AUS Payout||Macau Payout||U.S Payout||Odds of Winning|
|Flush||$250||$1000||$50||508 to 1|
|Full House||$375||$1500||$100||693 to 1|
|Four-of-a-Kind||$1250||$5000||$500||4,164 to 1|
|Straight Flush||10% of Jackpot||10% of Progressive Meter||10% of Progressive Meter||64,973 to 1|
|Royal Flush||100% of Jackpot||100% of Progressive Meter||100% of Progressive Meter||649,740 to 1|