Some Unknown Facts about Lionel Messi
You all might have heard the name Lionel Messi, whether you are a football fan or not. He is a prominent and globally famous professional footballer of Argentina who holds a wide range of records and is considered as the best player of Soccer till date. Messi was born on 24th June and one of the most respectful personalities in the history of Soccer.
Here is a list of some unknown facts about Lionel Messi that you might find interesting.
- Till date, Messi is the only player to win five FIFA Ballon D’OR awards.
- Messi holds records of two Copas del Rey, three UFA Champions League, two UEFA Super Cups, six La Ligas, five Supercopa de Espana and
- He is the first soccer player to win 3 European Golden Shoes.
- He is the Top Goal Scorer in the history f Spanish Football.
- Messi was diagnosed with a deficiency, namely “Growth Hormone Deficiency” during his childhood.
- He started playing football at the age of 6 and also became a member of the Rosario Club during the same age.
- He holds the passport of Argentina as well as Spain.
- Per day earning of Messi is approximately $128,000.
- The first international debut of Messi lasted only for 47 seconds because, after coming on as a substitute, he received a red card.
- Messi is inspired from Ronaldinho, and this is the reason why he wears jersey No. 10.
- “The Flea” is the nickname given to Messi due to his agility and speed.
- Messi is the owner of the Leo Messi Foundation, which is involved in providing the children with the best opportunities for health care and education.
- At UNICEF, Messi is the Goodwill ambassador.
- Messi has never watched his highlights.
- His first advertisement was for a Japanese face wash scalp
- After the case of Tax Fraud, Messi and his father spent most of their time at a Casino in the Bahamas.
- Messi dated a hometown girl, namely Macarena Lemos.