Why you should be a or not to be a casino dealer
Do you like to play casinos a lot? Are you winning every time you play and win lots of money? That’s great! But there is a thread in our head that says if this much is made by me while playing casino and there are thousands of people again who are winning a lot of money every day. So how much does a casino dealer make? Whether a casino dealer makes money or not? But in the back of our mind, we also knew that casino dealers make a lot of money, which we cannot imagine. This interesting fact raises the question in our head. Why should I be or not be a casino dealer?
In this article, we have covered how much blackjack dealers make as well as the disadvantages of being a dealer. You will get all your answers here.
How Much Do Casino Dealers Make?
Every time when we are looking for any job opportunity, the first thing is how much I will make from this job, and the same is for a casino dealer job. There are so many different answers that will make you decide whether or not to become a casino dealer at the first place of your career life.
As you are searching to become a casino dealer, the first important thing you have to understand is the base income of blackjack, baccarat, poker, or any other casinos. Initially, it is low and depends on your experience.
During your initial stage, you will get a low wage as you don’t have the experience to know how to deal with the players. The initial wages you will get are about $7 or $8 per hour, and it will rise up to $10 and add up as you get more experience. The Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that the average casino dealer salary is a small amount of $14,700 yearly.
But as you may already know, this is not only the source of casino dealer salary, tips are the major source of making a great amount of money. Tips are the real money that the casino dealers make, however, tips are not a practice of every country, but dealers get a significant amount of salary instead in those countries.
So there are figures that show how much the dealers make in a year, the estimation is around $30,000 to $60,000 annually, which is a tremendous hike after adding tips. It is also estimated that some dealers even make more than that and can be more than $100,000 in a year. Seeing such a big amount attracts so many job seekers to use their skills to become a casino dealer. With the advantage of making a big amount of salary as a casino dealer, there are some disadvantages associated with the casino dealer job too.
Disadvantages of Casino Dealer
Casino dealers can make a lot of money in their careers, but there are some disadvantages associated with the casino dealer. These disadvantages are crucial to pay attention to, and you must know before applying for a casino or poker dealer job. However, the profession is not bad only that you have first to know what are the disadvantages of casino dealers so that in the end, you can decide accordingly.
- Initially, a small amount of salary is paid to casino dealers. If you want to make a large amount of money, it may take 2 to 3 to get some great tips, and even every casino does not allow tips.
- If you want to become a casino dealer, you first have to go to card dealer school and casino school to learn how to do the casino or poker dealer job professionally. If you are planning to join any casino training program from a casino school, make sure first to check their credentials.
- Some countries ask for the license to become a poker or blackjack casino dealer like the United Kingdom. In such countries, you have to first get a license for a casino dealer that is approved by the Gambling Commission and holds the clearance from DBS or Disclosure & Barring Service.
- Your body gesture plays a major role, and any wrong body movement can snatch the job from you. For example, you cannot yawn while dealing with players at the table.
- If you are not a night person and waking for all the night hampers your health, then you won’t be able to do this job.