Skyrim: How To Make A Fortify Enchanting Potion
Fortify Enchanting potion – Skyrim is a popular open-world role-playing game that allows you to make your character and explore a fantasy world. One of the features of Skyrim is the ability to craft your own potions, weapons, and armour using different skills and ingredients.
In this article, I will show you how to make a Fortify Enchanting potion, which can help you create more powerful enchantments for your gear. Let’s start from the basics:
What is a Fortify Enchanting Potion?
A Fortify Enchanting potion temporarily increases the strength of your enchantments. When you drink one, you can use an Arcane Enchanter to apply stronger magic effects to your weapons and armor.
This can be useful for improving your combat abilities, making your items more valuable, or just having fun with different combinations of effects.
How to Make a Fortify Enchanting Potion?
To make a Fortify Enchanting potion, you will need two ingredients with the Fortify Enchanting effect. You can find these ingredients in different Skyrim locations or buy them from alchemy shops.
You will also need an Alchemy Lab, found in some inns, houses, or dungeons.
Here are the steps to make a Fortify Enchanting potion:
- Go to an Alchemy Lab and activate it.
- Select two ingredients that have the Fortify Enchanting effect. You can use any of the following ingredients:
- Ancestor Moth Wing
- Blue Butterfly Wing
- Hagraven Claw
- Chaurus Hunter Antennae
- Spriggan Sap
- Spawn Ash
- You can also add a third ingredient with a different effect to make a potion with multiple effects. For example, you can add a Glowing Mushroom, a Blisterwort, or a Sabre Cat Tooth to create a potion with the Fortify Smithing effect, which can help you improve your weapons and armour at a forge.
- Make the potion and name it that you like.
How to Use a Fortify Enchanting Potion?
To use a Fortify Enchanting potion, you will need an Arcane Enchanter, which can be found in some inns, houses, or dungeons. You will also need a weapon or an armour piece that you want to enchant and a filled soul gem that contains a soul of the right size for the enchantment you want to apply.
Here are the steps to use a Fortify Enchanting potion:
- Go to an Arcane Enchanter and activate it.
- Drink the Fortify Enchanting potion from your inventory. You will see a message that says, “Your enchanting skill has increased by X% for Y seconds”, where X is the potion’s effect percentage and Y is the potion’s effect duration.
- Choose the weapon or the armour piece that you want to enchant.
- Select the enchantment that you want to apply. You can choose from the enchantments you have learned by disenchanting other items or the enchantments already on the item. You can also select the magnitude and the number of charges for the enchantment, depending on the size of the soul gem you are using now.
- Choose the soul gem that you want to use. You can use any soul gem with a soul in it, but the larger the soul, the stronger the enchantment and the more charges it will have.
- Confirm the enchantment and name it as you want to.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks that can help you make and use Fortify Enchanting potions:
- You can increase the strength of your Fortify Enchanting potions by improving your Alchemy skills, wearing gear that has the Fortify Alchemy enchantment, or using some pros, such as Alchemist, Benefactor, and Necromage.
- You can make a feedback loop of increasing your Alchemy and Enchanting skills by making Fortify Enchanting potions, drinking them, and then making gear with the Fortify Alchemy enchantment and repeating the process. This can allow you to create powerful potions and enchantments, but be careful not to break the game balance or cause glitches.
- You can use Fortify Enchanting potions to create gear that has other useful enchantments, like:
- Resist Magic
- Fortify Pickpocket
- Fortify Speech
- Fortify Barter
- Fortify Lockpicking
- Fortify Carry Weight
- Fortify Block
- Fortify Light Armor
- Fortify Heavy Armor
- Fortify Alteration
- Fortify Conjuration
- Fortify Illusion
- Fortify Restoration
- Fortify Destruction
- Fortify Sneak
- Fortify Archery
- Fortify Two-Handed
- Fortify One-Handed
- Fortify Stamina
- Fortify Magicka
- Fortify Health
I hope you enjoyed this article and learned something new about Skyrim: How To Make A Fortify Enchanting Potion. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading this article. I hope this is helpful to you.