What does smite do in Minecraft?
What does smite do in Minecraft – In Minecraft, enchantments are super important for staying safe while you play. They make your stuff better. We talked about good enchantments before, but now we’re going to talk about one called “Smite.” Smite makes it easier to defeat many of the bad guys in the game. Want to know what does smite do in Minecraft and how to get it? Keep reading:
What Does Smite Do in Minecraft
Let’s talk about what Smite does in Minecraft:
Smite is a cool enchantment you can put on your axe or sword in Minecraft. It makes your weapon hurt the spooky undead creatures even more. You can make it stronger by leveling it up to 5 times. You can use Smite on both an axe and a sword, but using it on a sword is better if you don’t want to switch between weapons when you’re fighting.
However, there are some things to keep in mind. You can’t use Smite if your weapon already has the Bane of Arthropods, Sharpness, or Cleaving (which is not released yet) enchantment. These enchantments don’t work together. We understood; What does smite do in Minecraft; now let’s come to another point; that is list of undead mobs:
List of Undead Mobs
Here’s a list of spooky mobs in Minecraft that look like they’re not alive. They usually don’t like players and want to hurt them. Also, these mobs can’t drown, but if they’re stuck underwater, some of them change (like zombies turning into drowned zombies). It’s interesting that a healing potion hurts them, while a harming potion strangely makes them feel better.
Here are all the spooky mobs that Smite enchantment works on in Minecraft:
- Chicken Jockey
- Spider Jockey
- Zombie Villager
- Skeleton Horse
- Skeleton Horseman
- Zombified Piglin
- Wither Skeleton
- Zombie Horse
Smite Enchantment: Levels of Damage
Remember, the more you level up the Smite enchantment, the more damage it does to spooky mobs. But, the damage it does can be different depending on whether you’re using a sword, axe, or different versions of Minecraft. To understand how it works, let’s check out the damage tables from Minecraft Wiki.
In Minecraft’s Java Edition:
- The number in brackets shows how much extra damage your weapon does when you attack while jumping.
- The other number is the regular damage when you hit something normally.
In Minecraft’s Bedrock Edition:
- The number in brackets shows the extra damage when you hit really hard.
- The other numbers show the normal damage when your enemy doesn’t have armor.
- For Smite enchantment, each level you add makes your hits 2.5 points stronger. Also, in Java Edition, axes are stronger than swords, while in Bedrock Edition, swords are better. This difference is because the Bedrock edition hasn’t had a certain combat update that Java got. Maybe we’ll see it in Minecraft 1.20 later this year.
How to Get Smite in Minecraft?
There are two main ways to get Smite:
- Enchanted Books: In the Java edition, you can find Smite on axes.
- Enchanting Table: In both editions, you can find Smite on axes and swords.
But, there’s no specific place to find Smite books. You can check our guide to learn how to find and use enchanted books in Minecraft.
Way to use Enchanting Table
Here’s how you use the Enchanting Table:
Make an Enchanting Table and put it on a solid surface.
- First, put bookshelves around the table. This lets you get better Smite enchantments.
- Next, open the Enchanting table by right-clicking or using your secondary action key.
- Now, take your sword and put it in the left slot of the table. Put a lapis lazuli in the slot next to it. The table will show three enchantment options on the right side.
- Hover your cursor over each option on the right side to find the Smite enchantment. When you see it, click to add it to your sword (or axe in the Bedrock edition). If it’s not there, try swapping the weapon or the table and try again.
How to Use Minecraft smite
Now that your weapon is enchanted with Minecraft smite, here’s how to use it:
Find an undead mob because Smite only works on them (the list is above). The easiest to find is a zombie, which comes out at night in the overworld.
Walk up to the undead mob and hit it with your Smite-enchanted weapon. Your Smite axe or sword will kill the mob much faster than a regular tool.
What is Minecraft smite?
Smite is an enchantment that can be applied to swords and axes. It increases the damage that the weapon deals to undead mobs, such as zombies, skeletons, and creepers. The higher the level of the Smite enchantment, the more damage it will do.
How does Smite work in Minecraft?
When a weapon with Smite is used to attack an undead mob, the enchantment will deal an additional amount of damage to the mob. The amount of additional damage is determined by the level of the Smite enchantment. For example, a Smite V sword will deal an additional 6.25 hearts of damage to undead mobs.
What are the different levels of Smite?
There are five levels of Smite: I, II, III, IV, and V. Each level increases the amount of additional damage that the enchantment deals by 2.5 hearts.